25 April 2011

The Royal Wedding.....

So, I posted on facebook that I was excited for the upcoming wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton. Well, that post turned into a spontaneous Royal Wedding tea party, Friday morning after the kids have been dropped off at school. A few friends are coming over & I, as the hostess promised to make everyone "fascinators" to wear, while we watch. Now, I have never made a fascinator.....I have been quite fascinated with all of the gorgeous fascinators that Kate has been wearing lately!!! So, I dropped by the local craft store, picked up some supplies, most importantly.....a glue gun!! The following are some pics of my first AND finest wares, thus far.


They are all headband-style fascinators!
This is the last one that I made, and I bribed my children into modeling it for me.
Oh sometimes, it would be fun to have a girl in this house!!!

I think this green one is, by far, my favorite out of all of my creations. I think this is the one that I shall be wearing on my head while I sip my tea, with my pinkie in the air!

1 comment:

Mare said...

Man - I am impressed. And a little saddened. I guess I just haven't cared about the royal wedding. Didn't even know they were getting married...but I LOVE your fascinators! I'm tempted...