28 April 2011

my little brother

I just realized that I have never blogged about a VERY important person in my family. My little brother, Luke. Yesterday was his birthday and he would have been 30. I have a hard time imagining my little brother as a 30 year old man. This is a picture of him, playing his trumpet at our wedding. Every day I miss him. Every day I think about him. Every day I wish he was still here. The little boys often lament that they never "really got to know Uncle Luke", and that breaks my heart. We have shown them pictures of their uncle holding them as babies.....but that's all they ever will really have. When they were really little, they would often look up at the night sky and softly say, "Night night Uncle Luke". They do have in their room, the EXACT same little glowy star that Luke had hanging in his room (put there by his big sister) for many years. :)


We heard a really excellent trumpeter on Easter morning....I always like to close my eyes and pretend that I am listening to my brother play. But then, I open my eyes and am always disappointed...that it isn't him. Colin & Simon often pray to God that Luke is having a fun time up in heaven. I'm certain he is.....even as much as I wish he was still here on Earth.............

1 comment:

Mare said...

I still remember when Luke joined your family. He was so sweet and always had the GREATEST smile! Loved this post - it brought a smile to my heart.